MONSOON AYURVEDA (VARSHA RITUCHARYA)
Monsoon season is categorized as Varsha Ritu. According to Ayurveda, Varsha Ritucharya is the recommended routine and lifestyle modifications to be followed, to ward off the imbalances in the body during the Monsoon. This in-turn will help you boost immunity and maintain good health. During this season, aggravation of Vata and Pitta dosha is considered as the root-cause of various diseases and conditions. The food, lifestyle and care should help in balancing the vitiated Vata & Pitta doshas and maintain a healthy body constitution.
The holistic rejuvenation process consisting of a special diet, lifestyle and effective Ayurvedic therapies to be followed is characterized as Monsoon Ayurveda.
Monsoon is a time when body’s immunity drops, thus proper care should be taken to prevent possible illnesses.
Some of the lifestyle tips to follow during Monsoon are –
- Ayurvedic treatments are highly recommended during this season in order to prevent any kind of disorders and to boost immunity
- Use warm water for bath
- Avoid walking bare foot
- Massage body with oil
- Avoid sleeping at daytime
- Use umbrella to avoid heavy rains & strong sun rays which usually come during monsoon
- Avoid over exertion in any form
According to Ayurveda, ‘Agni’ is responsible for the digestive & metabolic activities of the body. During the monsoon season, Agni or the digestive fire is weak due to the aggravation of Pitta dosha which in-turn leads to various diseases. Diet thus followed during this season should balance the vitiated doshas and stimulate ‘Agni’ to perform proper digestion.
Here are few simple guidelines recommended by Ayurveda that should be followed during the Monsoon –
- Drink small portions of lukewarm water throughout the day for good digestion
- Easily digestible, hot & light foods should be taken
- Ginger, black pepper, lemon can be used to promote better digestion
- Moong can be eaten with cow ghee or filtered oil
- Medicated porridge like rice soup, millet soup with spices is recommended
- Include honey in your diet
- Fried, spicy, uncooked foods should be avoided
Benefits of Monsoon Ayurveda
Varsha Ritu or Monsoon season is considered as the best to undergo Ayurvedic treatments since the moist climate opens up the pores in the skin, making it more receptive to all the medications and treatments.
Here are few key benefits of Ayurveda during the Monsoon season –
- Balances the vitiated doshas
- Increases immunity
- Cleanses & detoxifies the body
- Rejuvenates body & mind
- Prevents lifestyle disorders like diabetes, blood pressure & stress
- Effective for conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, back pain, lumbar and cervical spondylosis etc.
Sri Sri Tattva Panchakarma’s special Monsoon Ayurveda Programs of 5 days and 10 days include Nadi Pariksha, effective Ayurvedic therapies, special Monsoon diet, Yoga & Meditation, salubrious Stay & Accommodation and Nature’s Trail.
For details on the program, kindly write to us at email@example.com or Whatsapp us at +91 9620211000.