Let Nature help you boost your immunity post Covid:
Darwin’s ‘Survival of the fittest’ theory came to life with the advent of the pandemic caused by covid. Covid sure has taught us the importance of immunity. It is not a mere task list for a day but a daily habit to be inculcated in our life that’ll help boost our immunity.
If you or your family members have recovered from COVID-19, congratulations! you might have won the battle but the war is still on. Pat yourself and prepare for more battles as you get back to your routine life.
Post COVID period needs a supervised care and persistent cautious attitude. After COVID there is a change in the body physically and mentally.
While there are many alternative forms of medicines for post covid care, Naturopathy is a system that uses natural remedies to help the body heal itself and regain back strength.
To balance our physical, emotional, social and intellectual wellness post covid, our Naturopath Doctor at Sri Sri Tattva Panchakarma has penned down 10 easy to follow activities.
1. REHYDRATION: The increased metabolic rate that results from fever during Covid causes the body to lose fluids rapidly. Hence drinking enough water is very important.
2. YOGA: Practicing Yoga aids in reduction of stress, enhances immunity, lung function and sleep quality.
Regular practice for 30 mins that includes
– 5 mins of warm up or breathing exercises,
– 5 rounds of Surya Namaskar,
– 5 mins of yogic relaxation technique,
– 10 mins of Bhastrika pranayama, Ujjayi, Bhramari pranayama, Nadi shodhana pranayama,
– And 10 mins of meditation.
3. BALANCED DIET: A diet rich in vitamins and minerals, carbs, fiber, protein, fat and plenty of fruits and vegetables added in daily meals enhances your innate immunity.
4. GARGLE: Warm salt water gargle in the morning helps improve mucosal immunity while facial steam with turmeric and Tulsi leaves aids in reducing soreness in the throat and ease nasal congestion.
5. LEMON: Drinking lemon water with ginger, pepper and turmeric greatly boosts immunity.
6. SLEEP: Minimum 8 hours of sound sleep is important for the body to rest and recover.
7. GUT HEALTH: Maintaining proper gut health is important to improve immunity. Adding good quality probiotics helps to maintain the bacterial balance within our digestive system which in turn keeps our immune system healthy.
8. WALK: Moderate intensity exercise such as walking for 30 mins daily improves stamina, elevating respiratory health and overall fitness.
9. NETI KRIYA followed by KAPALABHARTI twice a week helps reduce airway reactivity.
10. INTERMITTENT FASTING: Intermittent fasting or lemon juice fasting one day a week reduces oxidative stress, improves autophagy and improves immune homeostasis.
The goal of naturopathic medicine is to treat the whole person – the mind, body, and spirit.
Naturopathy aims to heal the root causes of an illness, not just stop the symptoms.
Consult our Naturopathy doctors and get surprised by how simply nature has a cure for your problems.