According to ancient scriptures of Ayurveda, the Summer Season is characterized as Greeshma, and Greeshma Ritucharya denotes the recommended routine and lifestyle modifications to be followed to keep the doshas in balance during the summer. During this season, the Kapha dosha decreases due to the heat & dryness and Vata dosha increases consequently, resulting to various health issues like heat strokes, skin issues etc.
Here are few simple guidelines recommended by Ayurveda that should be followed during the summers to keep yourself healthy –
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Cut down the drinks like coffee, tea or carbonated drinks that might cause dehydration
- Avoid spicy, oily, fast and fried food
- Drink plenty of tender coconut water, butter milk and fresh juice
- Sweet, light, liquid diet to be consumed, ghee to be included
- Milk intake is also good this season
- Wearing thin and light cotton clothes is advised.
- Try to stay indoors in cool place, avoid exposure to sun.
- Day sleep is advised during the summer.
- Avoid too much exercises and exertion.
- External application of Sandalwood paste is advised.
The above mentioned tips would surely keep you healthy during the summers, however, it’s great to offer the body some essential nourishment therapies as well. Sri Sri Tattva Panchakarma’s effectual Ayurvedic treatments and ancient holistic procedures will shelter you making your body and mind fully equipped to handle the summer season. Ayurvedic treatments such as Sandalwood body wrap, Takhradhara, Shirolepa, Ksheerdhara etc. are highly recommended for optimal health this season.
For details on our treatments and procedures, kindly write to us at email@example.com or Whatsapp us at +91 9620211000.